Material databases – in the beginning is
the question of the material
As a centre for material and component testing, IMA Dresden generates facts and data for all metal and
non-metal materials that are used in industry and research for design, material selection, standardisation,
evaluation and simulation.
Whether you are interested in purchasing, sales, component development, product design, construction, evaluation or simulation, we provide you with a tool that allows you to reach your goal more easily. The databases of our WIAM® product range provide material information and specific values. The data pool draws upon basic testing from the last five decades and integrates new materials systematically.
Today you can research over 6,000 materials, 180,000 modifications and over two million specific values, including high-alloyed steels, aluminium, magnesium, nickel, titanium and, in future, fibre composite materials. We also provide advice on the applications of materials and can develop company-specific information systems on request.
Companies create, process and analyse lots of material data from different areas, e.g. materials research, material testing, material standards, simulation and calculation. We offer suitable software solutions for this, with flexible data structures, display options and Evaluations.
Software and Software SolutionsRead more
Materials Testing MetalsRead more
Material Testing for Plastics and Composite MaterialsRead more
Damage analysisRead more
Training and SeminarsRead more
Medical DevicesRead more
Construction ProductsRead more
Wind EnergyRead more
The WIAM® METALLINFO material database system and its modules comprise a data pool for materials that is well recognised within industry and research. You have access to an extensive, user-oriented pool of data that will answer your questions in a wide variety of areas. We offer freely combinable modules for the basic WIAM® METALLINFO database.
Access to the data
The data on the company intranet may also be accessd as single- or multi-user versions in the form of installed software or on the internet via online access.
- as an installed standard product or with customer-specific adaptations, e.g. in our WIAM® ICE database solution
- via online access on the internet
Over 6,000 materials and their modifications can be researched using specific values and information. The material areas of steel, cast steel, cast iron, non-ferrous metals as cast metal and metal putty, and plastics can be called up in specific materials databases, including:
- Steel database
- Cast iron database
- Cast steel database
- Alumimium database
- Copper database
- Magnesium database
- Titanium database
- Nickel database
- Cobalt database
- Zinc database
WIAM® FLIESS module – flow curves, σ-ε curves
- Depends on sheet thickness and rolling direction, plus rate of deformation and temperature
- Approximation equations parameters
- Flow curves from crush and tensile testing technical σ-ε curves
- Sample and test description
WIAM® ZYK module – Vibration resistance
- Wöhler and fatigue lines (σa/N curves) and elongated Wöhler lines depending on geometry and load conditions
- Graphic representation of the load configuration and test geometry
- Parameters to determine the cyclical stress-strain curve
- Specification of the evaluated parameters for the tests
- Specification of statistical parameters
- Sample and test description
WIAM® ZTU module – time-temperature conversion
- Continuous charts
- Cooling curves with hardness data and cooling rate
- Proportion of structure in percent
- Austentisation time and temperature
- Test description
- Indication of source
CADFEM ANSYS Extension materials database for strength assessments according to FKM – WB/WIAM Engineering Data
ANSYS Workbench-integrated WIAM materials database for metallic materials
The convenient WB/WIAM Engineering Data database is based on the WIAM METALLINFO data and therefore contains an extensive current range of materials in one location. The materials data are provided with a standards history and international conversion.
The database is notable for its:
- Direct data transfer into the ANSYS workbench
- German and European standardisation
- TÜV material performance sheet
- Steel and iron list, plus material sheets, including from manufacturers
- FKM guidelines
- Ring trials and test series at renowned colleges and universities
- Specialist literature
- Consistently precise reference to sources
See more Information on the CADFEM-Website.