SOFTWARE and Software solutions
IMA Dresden understands the challenges of data management and documenting information
through existing workflows in medium-sized and large companies.
Especially in the areas of research and development, simulation, evaluation, laboratory testing, quality
management, process development and production planning.
The software products of the family WIAM® offer companies a range of solutions which, based on standard
products and modules, can be extended to individual, customer-specific validation, evaluation and processing
options based on standard products and modules, as required.
We offer high-performance software for performing strength calculations according to the FKM guidelines
as well as for managing product, materials, testing and calculation data, standards, and much more.
In addition, at IMA Dresden we plan and implement customer-specific software projects with a professional
team of programmers, project managers and consultants.
On this page we inform you about the following IMA software products:
- WIAM® fatigue RIFEST – Determine strength readings according to FKM guidelines
- FKM inside ANSYS – CADFEM ANSYS extension for strength verification
- WIAM® ICE – Data management software
The databases of our WIAM® product line provide material information and characteristic values that are used reliably for material selection, design, standardization, calculation and simulation. The data pool draws on material and fundamental experiments from the last five decades, and new materials are systematically integrated.Read more
Training and Seminars
Benefit from our cross-industry know-how: In training courses and seminars directly at your company or at our site, you will receive extensive specialist knowledge - from courses for non-destructive testing (ZfP / NDT) about the FKM guideline "Computational Strength Verification of Machine Components" to software user training for WIAM® fatigue RIFEST.Read more
Simulation and Strength Assessments
As a holistic development partner, we provide reliable information about design and lifetime by determining component strengths and examining stress, strain, and stability already during construction and dimensioning process. By means of calculated assessments of strength, designs are optimized and designed to be reliable.Read more
Powerful for every vehicle type - our strength tests, approval tests or development tests are proven to be reliable for testing the operational strength and service life of automotive components, media-conducting systems, electrical components and materials.Read more
At our testing and development center, we test all rail vehicle components and materials for strength and service life. In terms of product and operational safety as well as quality assurance, we bundle the forces of testing and test design in our company with measurement, calculation, simulation and proof of strength as well as construction.Read more
In the approval and development of medical devices, we support in particular with strength and wear tests of joint endoprostheses, osteosynthesis products, traumatology products, surgical instruments and skin adhesives according to standard or special testRead more
Whether it's for life-time certification or certification of the aircraft component, IMA engineers test, simulate, or calculate any design group of an aircraft, such as aircraft, for reliable results. B. hull works, structures, tail units, trolleys and engines and interior components.Read more
Materials Testing Metals
Our material specialists accompany you in the implementation of your test programs as well as standardization, approval and certification of materials or manufacturing processes. We stand by your side during the entire test procedure, from the consultation, test planning and sample production, over the test itself up to the finished test report.Read more
Material Testing for Plastics and Composite Materials
From the base material through the manufacturing technology to the approval of the finished product - our material tests are DAkkS and NADCAP accredited. This includes static, cyclic and dynamic tests as well as static long-term tests, including sample production.Read more
WIAM® fatigue RIFEST
Determine strength readings according to FKM guidelines
The software displays the guideline-compliant strength test results at verification points for non-welded and
welded components according to FKM Guidelines
The FKM Guidelines apply to machine components and was first developed in 1994 under the
management of IMA Dresden.
WIAM® fatigue RIFEST has been updated to the 7th edition of the FKM guideline with the update 3.0.0.
With this update, our customers will be able to work with the latest technology in the future.
Engineers and designers in a wide variety of fields benefit from the theoretical and practical knowledge of our
calculation engineers. Their know-how forms the basis of the methods and calculation algorithms
of WIAM® fatigue RIFEST:
- Solid-shaped and sheet-form non-welded components
- Welded components
- Strength analysis for scattered stresses based on FEM calculations or strain measurements, for instance.
We offer training on the calculation program and the FKM guidelines at the customer’s premises,
at our Office in Dresden or as online seminar.
Update 3.0.0 –
assessments according to the 7th edition of the FKM guideline
Which modules have we optimized for you in version 3.0.0?
- Interface and data structure: have been improved and adapted to the new guideline.
- Characteristic and material database: Updated and expanded database in accordance with the new edition of the FKM guideline.
- Calculation core: New implementation of the FKM methodology. Internal changeover of the fatigue strength verification from amplitude verification to equivalent stress verification. The aim of this conversion is the possibility of an effective evaluation of rain-flow matrices or load-time curves.
- Result printout: Updated and extended result printout.
A sample report is provided for you here.
Which changes have we made to the calculation logarithm for you?
- definition of ductility with reference to the elongation at break
- reformulated long-term temperature factors
- increased tolerable reference strain by the elastic component and introduction of the strain hardening factor for the calculation of the section factor for static strength
- addition of the static strength values of welded components made of aluminium with reference to Eurocode 9
- extension of the stress definition in the assessment of fatigue strength so that the critical section plane method can always be used
- formal equivalent representation of the calculations using the amplitude and equivalent stress
- adjustment of the parameters for the calculation of the supporting factor according to Siebel & Stieler for aluminium castings
- extension of the applicability of the protective coating factor to galvanized steel
- reformulation of the limitation of the maximum amplitude taking mean stress into account
- additional notes on the S-N curve system
- reformulation of the sign rule in the equivalent utilization
- clarification of the relevant degree of utilization in the assessment of fatigue strength
- complete revision of the material tables
- inclusion of the material group “Ausferritic cast iron with spheroidal graphite” (ADI)
- increased harmonization of the determination of notch coefficients for shafts with hub with DIN 743
- reformulation of the assessment of fatigue strength for welded components based on notch and effective stresses
- specification of surface treatment factors for post weld treatment
- The descriptions of the overload cases F3 and F4 have been removed because of their rather rare practical use.
Purchase and rental options
Server license version
Fatigue strength verification as permanent or operational strength
|Verification on the basis of existing local elastic stresses|
(e.g. FEA calculations or strain measurements)
|Solid-shaped non-welded components (basic material)|
|Normal and increased|
|Flat-form welded components:|
|Rain-flow classification and|
|Extensive database||non-welded machine|
|welded and non-welded machine components|
material properties and weld seam component catalog (FAT classes)
|welded and non-welded machine components|
material properties and weld seam component catalog (FAT classes)
|Report form||simplified||Extensive presentation of results||Extensive presentation of results|
|Language||German or English||German and English||German and English|
Server license version
Rental license floating
200.00 € firsth month
Purchase license floating
|1,290.00 €||4,590.00 €|
Benefits server license version
- External on-demand server
- site-independent and worldwide use through an Internet access
- more flexibility during usage
- low IT effort
- automatic software maintenance
- constant availability
- shorter, more flexible terms
- cushioning of high loads
- Floating licence
- Maintenance, updates & program support from the 2nd year
- Expert IMA advice on the FKM guidelines
- Possibility of customer-specific extensions /
add-ons (e.g. document layouts)
- Integration of customer-specific parameters
- Customer-specific connection to the FE environment (extension to FE pre-/post-processors)
- Standard licence model
- Company licence model
- Try out the WIAM® fatigue RIFEST calculation program with a free demo download:
FKM inside ANSYS
CADFEM ANSYS extension for strength verification in line
with FKM with materials database
FKM guideline-compliant strength verification for non-welded and welded components is now integrated into
the ANSYS workbench. This is made possible by the new WB/WIAM fatigue RIFEST.
The extension includes the following tools:
- WB/FKM – full-surface guideline-compliant strength verification of non-welded solid components according to FKM
- WB/FKM-Weld – Strength verification of weld seams for shell and solid structures according to FKM
- WB/WIAM fatigue RIFEST – strength verification at verification points for non-welded and welded components according to FKM
WB/WIAM fatigue RIFEST
Strength verification at verification points for non-welded and welded components
according to FKM, integrated into the ANSYS workbench
Integrated into ANSYS Workbench, the WB/WIAM fatigue RIFEST module to include different fatigue strength verifications in its component stress analysis. This includes operational and fatigue tests according to the FKM guidelines and the mapping of verification points for non-welded and welded components. The module facilitates fast and straightforward parameter studies, such as variation of material selection, weld seam notch selection or surface treatment, thus speeding up the verification process.
The most important functions of the module are:
- Fatigue strength verification as permanent or operational strength, incl. the required static strength verification
- Strength verification for individual verification points on the basis of existing local elastic stresses (e.g. from FEM calculations or strain measurements)
- extensive database for welded and non-welded machine components: rolled steel, cast iron materials, aluminium materials, (incl. material properties)
- standard and high temperatures
Further information on the CADFEMwebsite
WIAM® software supports companies in finding information,
managing data, linking knowledge and thereby promoting innovation!
WIAM ICE – the software for managing materials and testing data, simulation & calculation data, data from the
standardisation process, and much more.
The structuring, processing and management of information helps to ensure expert technological know-how in the long term, streamline processes and thus increase quality and efficiency. The standard WIAM® ICE product promotes the flow of knowledge, simplifies areas of complexity and ensures added value and innovative strength. Having originated in the field of Material Sciences, the generic WIAM data model can now manage all kinds of knowledge and information.
With WIAM® ICE, you can record, research, link, visualise, compare and evaluate diverse data easily and clearly. Via a single sign-on and detailed user management, you also have the opportunity to manage data by user group and connect the software with other in-house systems such as ERP, CAD, PDM, etc., according to the respective user group.
With our solutions, companies can comply with internal, national and international standards and adhere to guidelines relating to documentation, traceability and retention obligations.
The key features of this software are its universal data model, range of presentation and evaluation options, interfaces and flexible data owners
We offer the following additional services:
- Extension modules for:
- Materials data & standards management
- Test data management
- Management of design parameters
- Management of fibre composites and plastics
- And lots more
- Data management consulting and support for companies in process-intensive and regulatory industries
- Integration and interfaces to ERP, PDM, CAE & CAD systems via APIs
- Integration into company-specific IT security concepts
- Instruction, training and workshops
For more information on all solutions, applications, references and services, see our product website: www.wiam.de