Testing of media-conducting systems
Commencing with material testing to testing components and up to, and including, inspecting systems:
our engineers will be pleased to assist you with the planning, executing, implementation and evaluation
of your testing programmes with medial load testing as part of your development and approval processes.
We also draw upon these services to support you with product optimisation. In our efficient laboratories, fitted with modern equipment and explosion protection, we determine the behaviour of your test specimen under the real driving load, combined with temperature changes, pressure changes, volumetric flow and vibration simulation. Special media are applied according to your specifications, regardless of whether we are testing individual circuits, components, units (pressure generators, pressure consumers) or whole systems.
Irrespective of whether this relates to the automotive industry, mechanical engineering, metal and plastic industries, rail vehicle technology and other traffic engineering industries – our accredited test laboratories provide leak tests, pressure tests, functional testing and operating load simulations for inspecting the operating strength, operating resistance and durability.
Environmental Simulation and VibrationRead more
Electrical TestingRead more
Construction ProductsRead more
Electrical testing in the field of automotiveRead more
Materials Testing MetalsRead more
Material Testing for Plastics and Composite MaterialsRead more
Damage analysisRead more
Measurements and Measurement RunsRead more
Materials databasesRead more
Training and SeminarsRead more
Software and Software SolutionsRead more
Testing of tanks, fluid technology and media-conducting systems
We can inspect the loading capacity of your test objects under real and extreme conditions in our test laboratory in accordance with generally accepted standards or for your individual specifications.
For example, we inspect all sub-systems for the automotive sector according to OEM specifications or standard provisions. Flexible accreditation from DAkkS (German Accreditation Body) enables us to test materials and components according to different standards, as well as developing new testing procedures.
Irrespective of fuel systems using SCR systems or brake and lubrication systems, there are many test examples: Tanks, fuel lines, rails, connections, valves, seals, pressure regulators, radiators, heat exchangers, evaporators, condensers, auxiliary heaters, electric heaters, independent vehicle heaters, expansion tanks, circuits, tubes, filler pipes, SCR circuits, intercoolers, charge air pipes.
- Air: -1 to 300 bar relative
- Fuel (Otto, diesel and alternative)
- Lubricants (various oils)
- Special fluids (e.g. urea/AdBlue®)
- Impermeability with excess pressure and/or vacuum
- Internal high-pressure testing of fuel-carrying systems
- Tightness test using total pressure change methods (Group D – DIN EN 13184)
- Flow measurement
- Pressure threshold testing
- Bursting pressure testing
- Motion simulation
- Function testing
Testing methods for tanks and tank system testing
- Fuel permeation for tank systems in accordance with GS 97014 (SHED test)
- Pressure / vacuum test
- Pressure change loading
- Slosh testing on car tank system (starting and stopping)
- Vibration testing
- Tightness testing, including with helium
We are well known for not just testing as “Standard”. We also like to upgrade our test benches according to your requirements and jointly develop your testing sequences.
- Component testing and system testing with a focus on development, design and construction of test benches according to customer-related specifications
- Assembly / dismantling for component groups, assemblies and plug-in connectors
- Reaction force determination on coupler plug-in connections (force – path – evaluation)
- Evaluating reaction forces in the component operation
- Climatic testing with overlaying mechanical and fluid technical influences
- Hot gas testing
- Measuring components for emissions (HC-Emissions)
- Splash water test
- Steam jet test
- Damage analysis
Operating behaviour is decisively influenced in fluid technology due to the increasing use of electrical /electronic systems and components within the sensors and actuators periphery. It is therefore important to ensure the safe and reliable use of components. We can inspect the performance capability under specified loads.
- Electrical supply for components according to the technical specification requirements with voltages up to 24V / high voltage up to 1000 V
- Signal recording
- Characteristic curve evaluation
Different external loads and strains can have an effect on your product within their utilisation capability or even during manufacturing and these can corrode, deform or decompose the material, but also make it brittle. We can expose your products precisely to these loads or stresses in our experimental halls in order to inspect to which extent the characteristics and functions may be impaired.
- Medial exposure with testing for chemical resistance and / or corrosion behaviour
- Overlaying pressure, temperature and mechanical stress or load
- Chemical stresses, among other things, according to ISO 16750-5, VDA 230-207
PRESSURE Pulse Test
We can execute pressure impulse testing, leak tests, burst pressure tests on hydraulic components, pipework, fittings, fittings, fuel lines, injection systems and rails. This enables the pressure pulse strength to be tested with indoor dynamic tests. Combining pressure pulse tests and vibration tests in accordance with IACS and DNVGL Type Approval also enables hydraulic fittings to be tested for bending with loads for internal pressure.
Certification tests for hydraulic systems are just one part of our testing spectrum as well as comprehensive validation inspections e.g. for fuel rails.
- Pressure impulse testing
- Hydro pulse tests
- Combined pressure pulse testing and vibration testing (IACS, DNVGL)
- Bursting pressure test
- Leakage tests with various media (oil, water, nitrogen, helium among others)
- Vacuum testing
Test Standards (selection)
|IACS Req. 2006||International Association of Classification Societies||Requirements concerning pipes and ressure vessels|
P2.11 Type Approval of Mechanical Joints
|GL||Germanischer Lloyd||Classification Provisions and Construction Provisions for Pipework Fittings|
|DNV||Det Norske Veritas||Standards for Certification No. 2.9|
Type Approval Programm No. 5-792.20
|BS 4368 Part 4||British Standard||Compression Couplings for Tubes|
|ISO 19879||International Organisation for Standardisation||Test procedure for metallic pipe fittings utilising fluid Technology|
|ISO 6605||International Organisation for Standardisation||Hydraulic fluid power. Hoses and hose assemblies. Test methods|
|Pressure, dynamical||Dynamic maximum pressure up to 1,400 bar|
Typical pulse frequency 1 Hz
Up to 30 Hz sinusoidal
|Vibration||Bending frequency of hydraulic pipes or tubes up to 20Hz|
|Curve shapes||Sine, triangle, trapezoidal or standardised curves e.g. according to IACS P184.108.40.206.3, among other things, DNVGL|
|Temperature||Ambient temperature -40°C up to 140°C|
|Pressure, static||Burst pressure testing up to 4,000 bar|